Zuddl integrates with Interprefy to support the simultaneous translation of the spoken content in an event into any desired language. Interprefy uses live interpreters to translate the incoming audio source(s). This capability allows your event to be multilingual and accessible to audiences across the globe.
Please note that the support for multilingual audio is available only on a per-stage basis.
Note: Interprefy is currently available for only the Enterprise plan. However, there is some additional cost based on your specific event requirements such as the number of languages to interpret and languages to interpret into, event duration, and a few others.
Setting up the integration
- Fill up the order form to set up Interprefy.
- After you've filled up the form, Interprefy will ask for certain event detail based on which they will evaluate their offering.The pricing depends on the session duration, the number of languages required, and the number of attendees. Learn more about Interprefy’s pricing.
Refer the below table for the required event details.
|Title of the event|
|Date of the event|
Event Location & Time zone
|Location and timezone of the event|
Event Start-End Time
|Event start and end time|
Event Format/Type (Live or Pre-recorded?)
|Whether it is a live or prerecorded event|
|The subject of the event|
|Agenda of the meeting. Can be shared when available|
Estimated # of interpreting listeners
|Number of listeners for the interpreters. Defaults to 200.|
|Language of the original (incoming) audio stream that needs interpretation. There can be upto 2 additional languages besides the main source.|
|List of the languages to be interpreted into|
|Whether the event would have only speakers talking (one-way communication) or both speakers and attendees having simultaneous conversations (two-way communication)|
Meeting & Interpreting Platform
Is the event intended for private or public access? please advise
|Whether it would be a private or public event.|
Post-event Recording (Raw Interpreting Audio-.mp3 or Edited Source Video w/ Interpreting Audio over-.mp4?)
Specify the type of recording you require after the event.
2. Source video with interpreted audio in .mp4
Once you’ve provided these details, Interprefy provides you with a token that would be used for enabling multilingual support in Zuddl.
Note: Based on your requirements it may take a minimum of 2 weeks time to confirm the integration.
- On the Zuddl dashboard, go to Zone Setup > Stage > Custom Apps > Multilingual Support.
- Turn on the toggle and enter the token you received from Interprefy in the Add Token field.
- Click Save Changes.
- This enables multilingual audio support for the particular stage.Once multilingual support has been turned on, attendees can select a language of their choice on a stage and start listening to the simultaneously translated version of the spoken content in real-time.
Caution: Since the audio translation is done by a real human interpreter and not a bot, you should expect a lag of approximately 5 seconds.
An attendee should follow the below steps in a live stage to enable interpretation:
- On the stage, click the translation icon (beside the settings gear icon) to open the interpreter widget.
- Select the desired language from the available dropdown options.
- Click Connect.
This enables interpretation of the incoming audio into the selected language.
Note: The attendee must mute the primary audio output to avoid listening to it together with the interpreted audio.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article